.

.
.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mosaic Classic

In the field of photographic imaging, a photographic mosaic (also known under the term Photomosaic, a portmanteau of photo and mosaic, trademarked by Runaway Technology, Inc.) is a picture (usually a photograph) that has been divided into (usually equal sized) rectangular sections, each of which is replaced with another photograph of appropriate average color. When viewed at low magnifications, the individual pixels appear as the primary image, while close examination reveals that the image is in fact made up of many hundreds or thousands of smaller images. They are a computer-created type of montage.

Originally, the term photomosaic referred to compound photographs created by stitching together a series of adjacent pictures of a scene. Space scientists have been assembling mosaics of this kind since at least as early as the Soviet Union space satellite missions to the moon in the late 1950s .









fromt the creator Antonio

"I've developed my passion for creating images since i was i child when i used to draw, with pens and pencils, the things that surronded me or was i saw in pictures books or comics books. I discovered later by self-taught photography and graphics.

The studies in civil engineering and the advent of personal computers have approached me to the computer-generated images like fractals, or 3D modeling. In those years, during the first trips, I have gained attraction for the photo landscape (urban or natural).

Lately I'm developing and deepening the study of Photomosaics trying to give this kind of images my personal touch which departs me from the basic technique. Photomosaics attract me to their ability to generate wonder and awe in those who observe them.

Currently i teach informatics and CAD in a school, which also create a follow the develope of its images outside (web or print).
This assignment allowed me to further develop my skills in graphics and photography.

I live in a small village in northern Italy and, thanks to my windows on the Web, I quickly established interesting and unexpected relationship with reality very different from mine, last of which is committed to the Leo Burnett for a big photomosaic for their lobby in Chicago that I was honored to and that stimulatetd to give the best of me."

http://www.village9991.it/

Antonio, thank you so much for your permission to use this excellent works in this little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A Beatles fan since December 1980.Now an oral surgeon and music journalist.He lives in Bangkok.